July 18, 2015

Okay,so I got to know from Amy that the first entry that I submitted for the soap challenge does not meet the rules. Luckily, I have made another batch of soap two weeks ago using two horizontal dividers and colors ranging from cool to warm.

I used ultramarine blue mixed with violet, yellow oxide and green tea powder for the green. The oil consists of olive oil, canola oil, coconut oil and palm oil. Scented with a blend of ylang ylang and ginger essential oil.

Below is a photo of the soap after it was poured in a soap mold.


I used a hanger to swirl the inside of the soap and the Taiwan swirl on the top to get the patterns. The soap was cut horizontally in order to see the patterns inside the soap as shown below.


This is my first time doing the double swirl in a soap. It turned out OK. It can be better with more practice.